Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA byLaw

Old 10-11-2016, 12:14 PM
fallenlacystar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA byLaw

Whats with AMA and the ByLaws. It says it's a 501C corp. Go on the AMA website and look up the Bylaws and the AMA rules. It looks like those bylaws were setup in the 1930's when AMA was formed. It's is a non profit org. But If AMA ever closes, it only has to give 10% to a charity. The board gets to keep the rest after they pay off all the bills, and it's totally legal. So they get to keep all the money we all put in, rather divide it up among the paid members.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to RCU.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:39 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fallenlacystar
Whats with AMA and the ByLaws. It says it's a 501C corp. Go on the AMA website and look up the Bylaws and the AMA rules. It looks like those bylaws were setup in the 1930's when AMA was formed. It's is a non profit org. But If AMA ever closes, it only has to give 10% to a charity. The board gets to keep the rest after they pay off all the bills, and it's totally legal. So they get to keep all the money we all put in, rather divide it up among the paid members.
I have every so often wondered how long the AMA will remain a 501C .
Old 10-11-2016, 02:57 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
What other category would they fall under?

The most common type of tax-exempt nonprofit organization falls under category 501(c)(3), whereby a nonprofit organization is exempt from federal income tax if its activities have the following purposes: charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering amateur sports ...

They meet three criteria, and perhaps will have a fourth (testing for public safety), and who knows, maybe even the last category too.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:36 PM
LJE4357
Banned
My Feedback: (74)

Couldn't they just amend the Bylaws and say the membership gets it. There money in dues is where it all came from. The amount they get is determined by how long they been a member. Do you really think that the board are so honest that they will open up there hearts and decide who get's how much. This is easy to fix, just amend the bylaws. It could be done in one day. It's been 80 years. How many times has the US Constitution been changed during that time period.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:10 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

actually, by laws changes take a vote by leader members, so, more than a day, just due to logistics.
last time i looked, federal law said that a funds from the dissolution of a 501* entity had to be passed to another such entity. none could be distributed to membership or board.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:32 AM
LJE4357
Banned

Originally Posted by mongo
actually, by laws changes take a vote by leader members, so, more than a day, just due to logistics.
last time i looked, federal law said that a funds from the dissolution of a 501* entity had to be passed to another such entity. none could be distributed to membership or board.
Can you prove that statement 100%. If that's true, why is the AMA board so concerned about the bylaws changing. I know someone that's a Leader Member that's been wanting to make this change for the past 10 years. Several of the board's has been wanting to kick him out of AMA, but can't find a reason to do it. He hasn't done anything wrong. There are District VP's that have resigned before there term was up, as they didn't want to be involved with anything that was illegal. Members of the AMA have the right to know how there dues are used. Not until AMA got assets, was this ever an issue. Whats the value of AMA today. It's a lot more that just office furniture. Why do they have the concern of the bylaws change? Love to hear an answer to that.

Because of the internet, the leader members could have a vote on one day, very easily. That idea was suggested once before to an AMA president, that ignored it. I was the one that suggested it.

Last edited by LJE4357; 10-12-2016 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:53 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by LJE4357
Can you prove that statement 100%. If that's true, why is the AMA board so concerned about the bylaws changing. I know someone that's a Leader Member that's been wanting to make this change for the past 10 years. Several of the board's has been wanting to kick him out of AMA, but can't find a reason to do it. He hasn't done anything wrong. There are District VP's that have resigned before there term was up, as they didn't want to be involved with anything that was illegal. Members of the AMA have the right to know how there dues are used. Not until AMA got assets, was this ever an issue. Whats the value of AMA today. It's a lot more that just office furniture. Why do they have the concern of the bylaws change? Love to hear an answer to that.

Because of the internet, the leader members could have a vote on one day, very easily. That idea was suggested once before to an AMA president, that ignored it. I was the one that suggested it.
Since when is the AMA board so concerned about bylaw changes? I haven't heard a single word about it, and I'm a leader member. I haven't seen a single thing noted about this issue in the EC meeting notes.

It's naive to think that a vote could just happen in a day. If you read the bylaws as a leader member you'll not there is a process in place for issues such as this. They can't just pop a poll up online and have votes counted.

The AMA has been around 80 years, it's not going anywhere. This question is posed and structed in the same way many of the polls here are started...assuming there is something wrong, or bad, or horrible coming just around the corner. A "what if", always with a negative premise.

And from a new member who just happened to find his way to the AMA forums.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:23 AM
rcmiket

I find it hard to believe that the EC can keep 90% of the assets if the AMA is dissolved. I "skimmed" the by laws more than once and haven't seen anything like that. I may of course missed that.

Mike
Old 10-12-2016, 03:24 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by mongo
Agreed and our club must do just that if we dissolve.

Mike
Old 10-12-2016, 03:29 AM
mongo

larry,
which statement are you wanting the 100% on, bylaws change, or dissolution of 501*.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:41 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I find it hard to believe that the EC can keep 90% of the assets if the AMA is dissolved. I "skimmed" the by laws more than once and haven't seen anything like that. I may of course missed that.

Mike
You didn't miss it, it's not there.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:48 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by init4fun
Actually in light of the way ( under the current administrations orders) the IRS was directed to examine all 501's and the audit the organization just went thru there's not a issue there. I'm kinda glad could you imagine the nightmares that would have lead too?

Mike
Old 10-12-2016, 04:18 AM
LJE4357
Banned

You have yet to see the nightmares. There are issues you don't know about. There's a national organization now involved in this mess that are caught in the middle. There's a lot of jobs are at steak, and major lawsuits, and a bunch of felony crimes committed. It was all done to not change the Bylaws. If this was a simple issue that never been brought up to attention, nothing would have happened. The sad part is there are a number of national news programs that have all the information. I personally don't think that the AMA members need to have that. But when you open a can of worms, it's hard to get them to crawl back in the can.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:22 AM
rcmiket

You have yet to see the nightmares. There are issues you don't know about. There's a national organization now involved in this mess that are caught in the middle. There's a lot of jobs are at steak, and major lawsuits, and a bunch of felony crimes committed. It was all done to not change the Bylaws. If this was a simple issue that never been brought up to attention, nothing would have happened. The sad part is there are a number of national news programs that have all the information. I personally don't think that the AMA members need to have that. But when you open a can of worms, it's hard to get them to crawl back in the can.
OK I'll bite what's the deal?

Mike
Old 10-12-2016, 04:36 AM
porcia83
Banned

Actually in light of the way ( under the current administrations orders) the IRS was directed to examine all 501's and the audit the organization just went thru there's not a issue there. I'm kinda glad could you imagine the nightmares that would have lead too?

Mike
Yes, that audit. I remember all the allegations and concerns voiced about that audit and what the results were probably going to be, and then once the results were released, it got very quite.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:55 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Did anyone notice that the OP has only 1 post to his name? Isn't that the definition of a troll?
Old 10-12-2016, 07:02 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rgburrill
Did anyone notice that the OP has only 1 post to his name? Isn't that the definition of a ?
I might have noted something along those lines, but I wouldn't stick that name/title to them just because they are new. Everyone starts at 0 here. The fact that it's that issue, and the first post is in the AMA forums is a bit odd, but don't see how that gets him/her being called any names. The admin/mod should be able to see if it's there are issues with the account.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:19 PM
LJE4357
Banned

OK I'll bite what's the deal?

Mike
Go read ALL the federal guide lines about a 501C corporation and how it dissolves. If this isn't an issue why is the AMA being very highly concerned about it. Don't just skim it over, Read it. If there any attorneys that are modelers, and there are, the time is coming for them to make there opinions. AMA is an open organization made up by modelers that have contribute money for many years. It's not an organization that take's in donations from unknown Donner's. It's no different from a flying field breaking down. The members get the money, not just the officers. There's a few people on this site spending a lot of time and a lot of money for all the modelers that are members of AMA, and the get nothing for it, and don't want anything for it. The time is coming that every one will find out, what this is all about. There's really no such thing as a secret, unless only 1 person knows what it's about. As soon as he say's something to another person, it isn't a secret anymore.

Last edited by LJE4357; 10-12-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Sounds like your every day union...
Old 10-12-2016, 05:42 PM
cj_rumley

Go read ALL the federal guide lines about a 501C corporation and how it dissolves. If this isn't an issue why is the AMA being very highly concerned about it. Don't just skim it over, Read it. If there any attorneys that are modelers, and there are, the time is coming for them to make there opinions. AMA is an open organization made up by modelers that have contribute money for many years. It's not an organization that take's in donations from unknown Donner's. It's no different from a flying field breaking down. The members get the money, not just the officers. There's a few people on this site spending a lot of time and a lot of money for all the modelers that are members of AMA, and the get nothing for it, and don't want anything for it. The time is coming that every one will find out, what this is all about. There's really no such thing as a secret, unless only 1 person knows what it's about. As soon as he say's something to another person, it isn't a secret anymore.
This issue was raised several years ago. It ended when when the question was asked "who are the persons on the Board of Directors of AMA Inc?" I don't doubt that there is some documentation somewhere to give rise to the issue, but it won't go anywhere until that simple question is answered.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:39 PM
LJE4357
Banned

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
This issue was raised several years ago. It ended when when the question was asked "who are the persons on the Board of Directors of AMA Inc?" I don't doubt that there is some documentation somewhere to give rise to the issue, but it won't go anywhere until that simple question is answered.
I agree with you 100%. But, from the issues, that have come about lately, it looks like it's going to have to be done with an agency in law enforcement. The answer to that question is known, it just won't get publicized. The people trying to get the issue resolved for the members are having the computers ruined with Malware Virus, there phone's are being bugged. There emails are deleted. These issues are Federal Offenses. They are felony crimes. These are issues that are not made up, there is actual evidence. There is actual evidence on who sent a virus. The sender of virus made a grave mistake. It sends out his IP address. He can't hide it. It's just as bad as a finger print. Now the real question, how many people have that virus. Everybody that goes on that website. You will never find it, because it's not compiled. The good thing, is it can be removed, except ! Does AMA have anything to do with this? I hope not. But time will tell. 25 years ago this never would have happened. There was no Internet. We all remember IMAA, why was it formed? There was no internet when that happened.

The AMA has some very good people in it. But unfortunately sometimes some idiots get elected to run it. They tried to get the Drone guys to join. Drone isn't a model airplane. It's a dangerous toy anybody can fly in 5 minutes.They now have there own group, which is bigger that the AMA ever was, even if you took the the members since AMA started. But AMA members do it for life, the drone people will come and go. It's a fad, just like CB radio was. Remember what caused that problem. The federal government lowered the national speed limit to 55 MPH. AMA biggest problem, what going to happen in 10 to 20 years. Most of us will be dead. But there will be some modelers left. Things will have to change, but if it reaches that point, then that is what this issue is all about. We really don't know, but it doesn't hurt to make plans.

I'm sure somebody will come by and make a statement that this is all wrong. That's there prerogative. We all have our own opinions. And as long as were a free country, we can continue to do so. We change things when we vote ( sometimes).

Last edited by LJE4357; 10-12-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Dokesflyer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm4BhsFCQAAR-Gu.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	2185571  
Old 10-13-2016, 03:13 AM
porcia83
Banned

Old 10-13-2016, 04:00 AM
mongo

a place to start looking at how to dissolve a 501 C3...

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/h...it-corporation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.