RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Kit would you like to see brought back?
Old 10-15-2016, 07:37 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh man, those were the days. The SpeeDee Bilts (not a misspelling!) from Monogram. Formed, routed out wing panels that took a couple 1/16" stips, then a pre cut sheet glued (Ambroid, of course!) as an undersurface. Usually, a bit heavy to fly too long, but entertaining and amusing as well. I built several of their F-9Fs and F-84s, flew them attached to a fishing rod and reel as a whip model, usually until I got so dizzy I found myself flat on the ground looking at a fresh partial kit.
Another group of kits I'd love to see make a comeback are the old Top Flite Jig-Time kits. Built and flew many of those. I have found drawings with color patterns on line, just not certain I have a printer that will handle 3" X 36" sheets of 1/32 and 1/16. I do have one Jigtime kit l bought from Carl Goldberg's daughter at one of the Toledo expositions.
Or the old Cleveland kits. Very easy to build, even the scale models. I remember a couple hobby shops in the Cleveland Ohio area having a number on shelves as decorations for years. When they closed, those old buck, 2 bucks kits were going like hotcakes for hundreds of dollars.