RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ'S small engine service and repair in CT
Old 10-21-2016, 08:37 AM
jimco309

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the unfortunate experience of sending my Saito FA300T to Jensen for clean up and refurbish. The engine was in perfect condition and I bought new over 20 years ago but had been sitting in box and needed to be cleaned and refurbished. He told me he could do it and I sent the engine to him in early June. He kept demanding more money as he was running into issues with the engine. First it was so "gummed up" he needed more money to clean it up, lap the valves, etc. I sent him more money. after sending him $455 he kept the engine for 3 months and I had to beg to get it back. He kept telling me he had problems setting the timing. I forgot to add that I had also paid him to install electronic ignition on the engine. After $455 I finally got the engine back 2 weeks ago and it was in horrible condition. He had installed the C&H ignition sensor upside down and was so crooked there was no way to crank the engine. He had drilled 3 holes in the crankcase behind the prop collet for reasons unknown to me and had filled them with JB Weld and painted over them with a brush and silver paint. I have photo proof of these accusations if you wish to see them. Do NOT send Bill Jenssen (BJs Model Engine Repair) your engine because he is not honest, has no idea what he is doing and is almost as bad as Hillary about lying. Very bad. Stay Away!