RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Leopard 2a6 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 01:09 PM
fizzymike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Tamiya Leopard 2a6 Build Thread

Hi Guys,

Last week I received my Tamiya Leopard and I almost ready to begin the build. Before this I have only owned 2 heng long tanks. I dont have experience with building Tamiya tanks so I figured a thread may be able to help. Ive been searching online for the last week trying to piece together what Im going to do.

At the moment I have the Futaba 4yF transmitter and receiver as well as the acrylics that Im going to use as described in the manual. Unfortunately my set was brand new and is missing the manual and paint design reference as well as the tow cables, decals and whatever else is in that plastic portfolio. I looked to the hobby shop and Tamiya to provide a replacement and hopefully I will get it soon.

Im still trying to decide on an air brush set. After all i've read I still cant decide. I dont want to spend a few hundred dollars on a set for this. I was thinking about getting an Iwata neo CN and Neo compressor or just a Master Airbrush set off amazon. I just want something that gets the job done and has a decent enough gravity dual action sprayer. Any thoughts on this before I buy would be appreciated.

Also I havent decided on a battery. Can someone recommend a great quality battery brand I have no idea. Ive had an rc copter go up in flames before. Im looking for one thats 3000-5000mAh.

Id like to use this thread for tips and questions I have thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	2397
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	2191822   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	2000
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	2191823   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	2057
Size:	45.8 KB