RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Leopard 2a6 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 06:46 AM
fizzymike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sollie
congratz on the set . A true machine when built :-)

I bought one used ( well, built and shelfed ) last year. And I took it apart to have a look ,and to install a better track tensioner. I got one from Henntec for the tamiya Leo, so you can adjust it from the outside.
Trust me, once closed up , it takes a while to get down into the belly of it again .

I also invested in a better AB gear to last year, after going the cheaper rute first. That compressor lasted 3 Month before it became so noisy , I could not take it anymore .

I went with a sparmax (TC 610H) Compressor and 2 AB's 0,3 and 0,4 mm . Superhappy with that brand . I spent a little more than calculated , but for laying down paint on 1/16 scale It's nice to have a compressor with a 2,5L tank . So it's not running all the time .

When coming to battery, it's really tight in the turret, even after you spent a weekend on the wire layout, hehe. with a heavy nimh ore nicd , the back of turret can sag a little, so I went to my LHS and got 2 lipos , the smalest in footprint in 2s , with the most mah in them ( sadly not more than 2250) and a small lipo alarm. so yes , not the longest drive time with those, but no problem fitting it in the turret , and no sagin.

Thanks for the advice, I feel like it would definitely be a good idea to put in a track tensioner. where would you say to buy one from? I see a nice one on RCTank.de

I have not heard of the turret sag so now ill be aware thanks!

Last edited by fizzymike; 12-01-2016 at 06:57 AM.