RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Leopard 2a6 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by ausf
I'm from the school of 'buy once' for any tool I plan to use. Airbrush is doubly so. If you plan on using it, buy quality otherwise you'll be struggling all the way, screwing up your model and time.

No matter what anyone tells you, there is no way any copy of an airbrush is as good as the original and the 'I'll buy cheap and get another in a few years' is ridiculous.

I bought my first Iwata (HP-BC2) in 1986 from the original Pearl Paint in NYC. It's still all original, needle and nozzle and I used it last week and nearly every week over the 30 years. I bought two more over the years for different capacities and the only thing that has changed was the box is no longer wood. And the killer is, they are less expensive since the market is wide open now with the internet. Last one I bought came straight from the Home Islands for $147. My original was well north of $300.
I also swear by Iwata (even though I have no where near Jeff's experience) and I can tell you first hand that Iwata is to airbrushes what SnapOn is to tools. I bought an Iwata HP-CS and it's the only airbrush I ever use anymore. And the triple action handle kit is great, too. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you go to the web for the 40% off coupon and you can get one for about $120.