RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Leopard 2a6 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 09:00 AM
fizzymike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2
Hi,
Answers:
As to your radio selection, the Futaba 2.4 in my experience, will not operate the Tamiya Leo 2 Stabilization Unit. That fact drove both Daryl Turner and myself crazy for a bit. That is why I later switched out my Futata 2.4 and replaced it with the Futaba FM Ground Radio, per tech advise coming from Tamiya USA. The stabilization unit, TBU and stick light commands then worked perfectly and immediately

The stabilization works well in my model and is not slow, when using the Futaba FM ground radio. The Leo 2A6 DMD Unit is older tech, so that is probably why it is not very compatible with the later to market Futaba 2.4 radio system.
John
Thanks again for the advice John, I wish I knew, I thought it would work since I see everyone using the 4YF. Can you please link to me what radio system I can use? Id appreciate it. I already bought the 4YF but I'm going to see if I can exchange it. I just recently purchased the stabilization unit and I really would like to have that functionality. So you mean both the receiver and transmitter of the 4YF I can't use right? Sorry Im new to this haha.