RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito's New Engine: FG-90R3
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 06:30 PM
DHC6
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ForcesR
DHC6; if I remember correctly, you posted several months ago that you had an FG84R3 and would be shipping it to HH for repair? Do you still have the engine? What type of repair did HH do? Was it covered by warranty?
Yes, I did acatually and when I got it back it was running very good. Second flight of the season and the connecting rod failed and then engine self distracted. That engine has a LOOOONNNGG story, with a depressing ending. Unfortunately I got the engine through RC Japan so Horizon couldn't warranty it and wanted 800-900 to repair it. So it sits in it's box and will be used as spare parts for the 90 if I get one.

Horizon has been very good, and they would have fixed it under warranty even though it was WELL out of warranty, however since it was from RC Japan they won't cover it. So obviously they know it's a problematic engine and are helping those with problems. I understand that they won't warranty it since it wasn't sold by them. As long as it's sold in North America they will service it.