RCU Forums - View Single Post - JetCat 140RX experiences/feedback
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 05:27 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBus320
I had a buddy loose TWO Skymaster A-10s. He had multiple flameouts with the P140RX, & kept sending them back to JC. He said what finally rectified his issues was updating the main control cord that runs between the ECU & Turbine can. I think he still flies that turbine today. As far as your purchase.. I probably wouldn't buy it for my first turbine when I'm not used to what's normal & what's weird.
my 2 cents
P.S. What airframe is it for? I myself (with my experience & if it's a good deal) would chance it in a Boomerang Elan, or other trainer type (easy deadstick) aircraft, but not in anything expensive that doesn't like to glide. The other issue is im betting you can get a new Kingtech for close to the NIB P-140 price. I'd do that
i'd most likely go with jet central new king tech 140 is 2,290 and if i keep the jetcat it's going in a skymaster viperjet 2m . i've heard a lot of good and bad on the engine .but with out any warranty i'm concerned even though the jetcat is brand new. i talked to jetcat and i'll be sending it to them tomorrow to update the pump firmware,engine firmware and ECU firmware and software .it's free of charge but i'm going to let them fire up the engine so i'm looking at ,most likely 100. for shipping and test run.