RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 08:36 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmaucher
We are all responsible for our action, seems that it is not taught anymore. Has it been explored that maybe these real close incidents are perhaps intentional, and intended to do harm to the planes that being said the real answer is most likely someone acting negligently.
I think you're on to something, particularly how some are acting negligently in the way they participate in the hobby. Here's what I see as one such example:

Most of us have seen the news reports on the dangers of wildfires, particularly out west. Yet here's a discussion right in these forums of some AMA members deciding to accept the risk of flying jets during burn bans!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-turbines.html

With all the attention already on the hobby, can you imagine the media, regulatory, and legislative attention that will fall on our hobby if a wildfire is ever traced to a model crash, let alone one involving jets - where it can be a safe assumption the operator is an AMA member. What concerns me is the relative ease with which some in those pages assume away the risk.