RCU Forums - View Single Post - Burn bans and rc turbines.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 07:49 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder
So here is a great example of the disconnect from the club leadership and the actual pilots that fly turbines and have wavers. The president of my club who is insisting on the turbine ban during a burn ban (for safety) posts on the clubs FB page announcing there Jet event (official flyer and all) that they want to see how fast the jet jockeys can go and offered up a cash reward and challenge to the fastest jet "how fast can you go" chalange!

So a former member and a jet turbine waver holder informs him that there is a 200mph limit and it is for safety, and he may want to reconsider this as any waver holder braking this rule can loos his waver if he breaks this rule, not to mention being liable if something were to go wrong. He brushes him off saying it's not an official race but just for fun at the official sanctioned event...ok!

The turbine ban during a burn ban is enforced for safety, but during a sanctioned event rules can be disregarded and shrugged off as "this is for fun"

well I personally know that no pilots I fly with will disregard rules so easily...not even for a cash prize to entertain a crowd at a club sanctioned event. We as turbine pilots take what we do very seriously as far as safety goes and never comprise that for any reason.

Just showes how out of touch a clubs leadership can be when it comes to turbine jets.

And if your going to implement policy for safety when it comes to turbines at least know the rules and have some knolage of turbines!

TB
Hey Tony, It's probably a moot point, I think without participants, it's hard to break any rules... just say'in....

D