RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first Tamiya kit... which Tx/Rx?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 09:49 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regsbyg
Banzai is a great option, but they have no full option kits in stock right now. I got my js-2 from them with everything in the box. I emailed and they replied that they don't know when they will get Tamya kits back in stock. Maybe there is an issue with them selling Japanese market kits(the ones that come with rx/tx ) to overseas customers at really great prices. To bad as I wanted to start an Israeli M-51 Sherman. Have a bunch of upgrade parts, new hull, engine deck, etc.but waited to long to order kit from them. I will wait a bit longer and see what plays out.
Didn't know that, I haven't been shopping for a new tank in a while.

Makes sense, the deal was so good, I bet US distribution put the kibosh on it.

I was importing and sell Voyager for years. I double my cost as retail which is basically a normal wholesale deal. Only most US sellers sold 4 times that and constantly complained to Voyager, who constantly asked me to raise prices.

You can buy Iwata from Japan for a fraction of US costs,My last Kustom retailed in the mid $400s here, but I bought it from Japan for $147 shipped. It came in a cardboard box, not a metal case and the manual is in Japanese, but otherwise it's identical.