RCU Forums - View Single Post - Paritech Natrix Build
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 12:48 PM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jseppanen
Congrats Graig, looking good!

I have now about 60 flights with my Natrix and the plane flies nice. But ground handling / tracking is not so good especially when braking on landing. If the brakes bite even a bit unevenly - as usual with o-ring type air systems - it's sometimes quite a wild ride. This I think is mainly due to extremely wide main gear track and light nose. Landing speed is of course a factor here...
Been thinking of changing to Behotec e-retracts and brakes - how do you like these - mainly the brakes?
So far I like my Behotec e-retracts and brakes and I really like not having to fool with air pumps, air valves, air leaks, etc.. My Natrix was a little squirrely on the ground the first two flights and I later figured out I mistakenly had the nose steering in "taxi" mode (i.e. hi-rate/hi-throw) for the takeoffs and landings. I also figured out the mains were a little out of alignment.

So, due to those two mistakes on my part, I can't say yet how well I like the brakes (as far as directional control). They are certainly strong enough and since they can be individually adjusted, I see no reason why they won't be better than the o-ring/air type. I'll post here after I get a few more flights.

Craig