RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Fly Eagle Jets?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 06:46 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Your right I should not assume. I know that's how I felt at Ky Jets, how I felt at NASA Scale contests, but it may be like anything else where one is new.

It it has taken 3 years of Me actually competing to stop feeling like an outsider as most of these groups are very tight.

That is is why I'm flying to Florida jets today, I ready to start flying at these shows and have plans to fly at Ky jets vs wach this year, and I hope to fly at Florida jets next year. I completed at a NASA scale contest last year with my Eurosport which was a baby step of flying with several planes in the air at the same time

Im not as lucky to have a flying Feild were there are many jet guys and every time I go to put a jet up every one lands as there scared of accidents or just want to watch

im hoping to make some friends at FL Jets this year to help me fly next year

Ill be the weird guy in a green Army hat, with a buddy who will be drolling over all the large jets LOL
Let's be honest guys, there's a lot of type A personalities in this segment of the hobby and some can be a bit intimidating at first, but are great guys once you get to know them. If you're looking for a more laid back environment to ease yourself into flying at a big event you might also think about going to Mississippi Afterburner next month. It's about as laid back of an event as you'll ever find, feels more like a club fun fly than a jet meet.