RCU Forums - View Single Post - A3 Super 2 Gyro from Hobby Eagle
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 11:35 PM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eddie

If you check there are no physical pots on this gyro which is why I selected it. All the setting is done by directly addressing the chip. It can easily be changed on the flying field by using the small hand held display. You can use a computer if you prefer. If the gyro looses power then the plane will crash, the same as if a Rx looses power. If it has a momentary interruption of power (a brown out) would need 8 seconds to reset. I believe this is the same for any gyro regardless of cost. You should check the manual, I think that this gyro is pretty much the same in adjustments as the expensive gyros. You can separately set the amount of gain on each of the surfaces, set the sensitivity etc. If you have S-bus you can even display the servo settings on screen with the one wire connection and set end points dead band etc. I would be interested to know what differences there actually are between this and the more expensive ones. Not sure that 'drift' will apply if the adjustments are in the chip.

Nice to have some feedback from people that have used them. I will of course report back if there are problems. After seeing mine one of our club members was keen to order one.

John