RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hacker Ditex Servo Review
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 03:31 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pvogel
Hi Isaac,

The operative factors in the torque required for a given control surface are speed of the aircraft and size (chord and length) of the control surface, and deflection of the control surface (in degrees) relative to deflection of the servo (in degrees). I did the calculations for an elevator on an Allure and the 0606 should be just enough for that at 8.4v. Even if the ailerons have a smaller chord than a typical monoplane aileron, I would NOT use an 0606 on ailerons. The 0806 should handle the ailerons quite nicely however.

Peter+
The problem is the 0806 is too heavy for bipe ailerons.

I'm currently using the JR MP31TWV on my Xareltoo ailerons and elevators, which work fine. Now that these are no longer available, I've been looking at other options and the 0606 is one that I thought would be OK.

I'm using the JR DS9411 on my Valiant ailerons which are 82 oz- in and these work fine as well. Although a bit heavier, the 0608 might be a better choice for mono ailerons, even though I think the 0606 would do the job.

I tried using the calculator mentioned above, but came up with 1 oz - in I entered all the required numbers, so don't know what is wrong there.

I agree with rm regarding torque.

Last edited by drac1; 06-04-2017 at 03:44 AM.