RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programming Tamiya with Spektrum Dx6e
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 06:02 AM
WillWork4Treads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Programming Tamiya with Spektrum Dx6e

Hello Again! I finally solved my turret problems for my Tamiya M4A3E8, and I've now reached the next step: Getting the darn thing to fire the cannon and turn on the lights. I have a Spektrum Dx6e Radio, and I've currently set it up with the manual so the tank has the "standard" driving system, Left stick up/down [[i]elevator]= forward/reverse, Left Stick right/left [rudder]= Turret traverse, Right stick up/down [throttle] gun elevation/depression. Right stick Left/right [ailerons]= steering. The tank drives just fine, however I just can't seem to fire the 76mm cannnon, which is slightly distressing because I want to attend the Danville RC tank event on July 1st.

I have set the throttle cut to the I button to fire the machine gun, and that is all fine and dandy, but as a first timer with actually setting up something like this, I'm very confused about what I need to do to set the F switch to fire the main cannon. Do I need to set some sort of mixing? The same applies with turning the lights on. This is the link that I used: https://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=15#.WTQR28m1uHo to set up my tank correctly with the 4 channels. I tried finding manuals on how to do this, but they were using the Dx6i, and I managed to get some knowledge out of DAK programming guide. But I still cannot find a way to make this radio be able to fire the main gun and turn on the lights. I suppose I'm on my way there, as I managed to get the machine gun to work. However, I need to figure out a way to get the F key to simulate the right stick [throttle] put all the way trim up and slammed upwards as well.

I can post pictures of what I have in my transmitter if needed. a walkthrough with guidance would be extremely helpful for this novice!

Danke, all is much appreciated!