RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fueling a plane
Thread: Fueling a plane
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 06:10 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Rereading your post, Deadlyscars, I'm going to ask a question. Is your goal to just get the plane to run and fly it a few times, or is your goal to get started in the RC plane hobby and develop into other planes with time? The reason I ask is that some beginners take an interest not really wanting a hobby but rather wanting a toy. The difference is that a hobby is ongoing; it's a pursuit that one works toward just for the love of it. Aeromodeling is a great hobby. A toy though is essentially instant fun that can be pulled out and put away as the mood strikes you. RC planes aren't good toys at all, because they require significant skills to fly and must be maintained to work properly.

So if you are looking for a hobby, the best thing you can do is connect with a local experienced aeromodeler who can help you with your engine and look your plane over for any needed repairs. With a little luck, this person will also be an instructor or know one who will teach you how to fly. I think if you choose to try doing this all on your own you will find it very frustrating, not to mention expensive in the long run.