RCU Forums - View Single Post - JetJoe OWNERS thread
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Daz990

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah ok thanks.

The Impulse Balancer is a really great bit of kit but does require some effort to setup properly to get good results:

I would go so far as to say that you must build the pendulum suspended test rig featured in the tutorial video as this works much better than any other design.
You will need to fiddle around a bit with the filtering frequencies to get results that are not affected by background noise, which is quite straightforward to do with the software.
If you experience the needles on the gauges jumping around a lot, the averaging feature helps get rid of the erroneous results. I found this particularly the case with the phase meter so I set averaging from 5 to 45.

I selected the 2 plane balancing feature which is quicker than the clock method but probably not as accurate.
Also, the final sum came to about £200 with shipping and DHL import tax (I bought the Impulse module, an IR sensor and an exra accelerometer).

The imbalance of the new turbine wheel was reduced from 0.1g (after the rocking method) to 0.007g after using the Dynex Impulse.
I would have gone further but I reasoned that any slight offset in the orientation upon engine assembly (which is quite likely) would probably not make it worth it.

Hope this helps,
Dariusz.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4312.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	711.7 KB
ID:	2226024   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4340.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	2226025   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4356.JPG