RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA registration
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 12:29 AM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Desertlakesflyings' assertion that Taylor case needs to be reopened and the judge needs to order an injunction based on the previous ruling. I'll go a step further and say I'd like to see the AMA fund this action since they were embarassingly beat to the punch by Taylor to begin with.

A periodic reauthorization shouldn't nullify a legal decision. Maybe thru a loophole it now does, but since congress passed a law prior to the FAA's original overreach, and there is now legal precedent shooting it down, that injunction should be fast & easy.

How exactly does bowing to repeated & illegal FAA overreach by providing the FAA access to our bank accounts - then in turn being issued FAA numbers though not being afforded the same rights of access to federally funded airports to fly at - improve safety? Please be specific about the safety aspect with your answers.

I would argue that this has 100% nothing at all to do with safety, most especially to the safe operation of model aircraft by AMA members who are already sworn to strict and defined rules to begin with.