RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen Tanks
Thread: Taigen Tanks
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Arctic Cat ZRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gp100
What will my next purchase bring? Nothing.. I'm out of the tank hobby.. Once burned, twice shy I always say..

And that, is why first timers walk away..

I replaced the control board twice because the board had voltage in, but no power out to the servo.. The controller was dead.. As I stated, I know electronics.

As to the motor, it gets hot while running out of the gearbox.. Very hot. And it binds a bit.. So there's that..

Instead of calling it a ready to run tank, just call it a "ready to upgrade".. At least that's more truthful..

All told, between repair parts and everything else, I have over $1,000 in this thing.. For that price, I could have bought the tamiya..

But yeah, forget it. I'm done.. Never again.. I'll stick with this one now because I'll never get out of it what I have into it. But I'm done.

Have a nice day sir.. I'm out.. I've said my piece..
I've been in the RC hobby for a few years now, its not easy or cheap, nor do you ever get back your original investment (I've spent more money on RC's than I ever want to admit). I found I often work on my RC's more than run them, part of the fun IMO. Mainly started with crawlers, now I have branched into road cars, and tanks. In every case if they were RTR's I've upgrade the electronics either due to failures or the pure necessity. I've learned that you are way better off getting kits and building it the right way the first time with the electronics you want and know that work.

Shame you have given up on it. From the sound of it you got the Taigen Mid-Production Tiger Airsoft with recoiling barrel. I ended up getting the same one. I knew from the get go I was going to replace the Taigen Electronics with a Clark board I previous bought for a project that didn't work out. While getting things to work as I wanted, I.E. servo elevation, the stock recoil system stopped working correctly too. It was a disappointment but in the ended I just hooked the servo up to the "real recoil" plug on the clark board. Also if you motor is heating up and "hangs up" means there is some type of resistance or jam in the drivetrain/track or even and issue with the motor. Honestly that issue should be fairly easy and cheap to fix, especially considering how cheap gearboxs are for tanks if you even had to go that far.

My advice, don't give up so quickly!