RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti assist reciever
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 10:46 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Didier
hello guys.

So far I have a mixed feeling with the assist receivers....
I set-up a rex7a in a 3D foamy and that seems to work fine.
I also set-up a rex12a in a sportjet and that is a complete different ball game and so far not usable for jets!!
Somehow the assist can't handle with mixers, flight modes and maybe trims on "separate" as well.
Scenario1:
I use 3 flight modes (start-cruise-landing). On "landing mode" the flaps will go down, aileron up (crow) and elevator compensation. The "assist" sees this as "stick input" as I can see this in the "primary channel assignment" menu.
This is of course completely wrong. What happens is when in landing mode and switching assist on and off, the flight controls surfaces jumps with sticks in neutral.

Scenario2:
In menu "function assignment" I made a function "nose wheel steering" with trim control on P8. In menu "free mixes" I made a mix "rudder to nose wheel steering". When gyro off, the P8 trim works as it should be, affects only the nose wheel steering! When gyro on, the rudder is also affected when turning P8. Very very strange.

So far this is what I discovered and who knows if there a more bugs in the assist rx!
Does anyone have more luck in setting up there jet?
I'm not quite to that point yet but I will be setting up a jet in the same way soon.