RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti assist reciever
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 10:36 AM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I think philjac94 is on to something as far as the NWS goes. It does look like the Assist simply doesn't tolerate ANY trim changes on any control on any given axis. In other words, you would need to trim your NWS to steer straight on the ground with the Assist OFF, then lock that setting down using sub-trim, etc and then disable the trim function and re-calibrate the sticks. I don't see this as being a particular problem as I've been doing this with the Aura 8 for quite a while now and once I learn the new centers and re-calibrate, I've never needed to change the trims again. The Aura however tolerates minor trim changes for things like elevator compensation, knife edge mixes, etc, without any problems at all. In order to be useful in anything other than simple sport models the Assist will also need to be able to tolerate minor mixes and trim changes required for flap deployment, etc. It doesn't sound like it's there yet which is a bit disappointing as this is a pretty basic requirement for things like Jets and warbirds which make up a huge part of the market that they should be targeting.
I understand what you say regarding the NWS. Like Sandor says it is the least problem but the thing is, it is not a fancy mix and NWS (P8 trim) is a slave to rudder.
I don't know if it is technically possible but to solve this problem is to send raw stick input data (from hall sensors) to the RX as well or give the possibility to calibrate sticks in every flight mode and assist mode.