RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy sequencer problems
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:10 AM
LASHMETT75
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My issue isnt the gear moving, it's the door When the plane is turned on the door want to close which is not what I want it shouldnt move at all

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
I'll share this from a previous thread I posted to, maybe it can help you in the future... The main take-away is, make sure you have the hoses on the Jetronics valve correct regardless of what you think you understand...
Cheers,
Dan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We have found that output 1 ( Gear ) will activate instantly on gear down command regardless of delay you have set in step 3. Therefore we have moved the gear to output 4 and programmed it the way you want and you can set a delay in step 3 for the gear down command to allow the doors to open and clear before the gear come down... If you are starting a set up from scratch, I put gear in output 2, doors in output 3 and 4... Here is a cheat sheet I created to put it on paper so it make sense while setting it up and a good reference. It's hard ( for me anyway ) to visulize it all from the data terminal... It gets confusing.... hope it helps...

Dan

Sorry the pic is 90 degrees.... Print it and your good...

P.S. Also make SURE that the GEAR DOWN and door positions for power-up on the tarmac are that the hoses on the Jetronics valves are on the output nipple that is away from the air input nipple. (Top left nipple looking at the valve with the air input on the right side ) And learn the valve this way. The valve can be learned either way, BUT we have found ( after many hours ) that the valve has a default/go-to action on power-up if there is a delay in signal from the radio.
In other words, on power-up the receiver sends power and signal to the sequencer but for what ever reason the sequencer delays signal but not power to the valves. As a result the valves default to air out to the top left nipple first, therfore collapsing the gear on the ground at power-up if plumbed wrong regardless of how you have learned the valves and working fine in normal conditions. Chances are Jetronics does not even realize this anomaly exist because it would not ever happen with their valves plugged straight to a receive which sends power and signal at once... Mixing two different products from two different manufactures ( Xicoy and Jetronics ), they would have no way of knowing ( or would want to know ) this problem exist... I hope this helps, It kicked our ass for many hours over several weekends before we connected all the dots... Works awesome once you get it all figured out !!... Good luck.Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by LASHMETT75; 02-27-2018 at 08:26 AM.