RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF-Models 2013 Series 3.1m Extra 330SC
Old 03-14-2018, 04:08 PM
Dean Bird
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Bird
I moved up to Unlimited to try and gain flying skills in preparation for the IMAC World Championships in September. I had 15 practice flights for a total of 30 sequences before the Supersition Challenge last weekend. On practice flight 15 I had finally gotten through both sequences in a flight with no zeroes. I was ready.

I ended up 2nd place... in the competition for 2nd to last place.

I did get several scores of 10... on Sound.

It is interesting to see the total "percentage of perfection" on your Final Score. I averaged a score of 6.76 per maneuver. Bryant Mack averaged 8.89 per maneuver for the contest and 9.25 in the Unknown round. I am not now, or will ever be, competitive in the Unlimited class. For sure I am gaining skills to compete in the Advanced class at the World Championships, though.
My third contest in the Unlimited class was last weekend at the Tucson IMAC. I hadn't done a roller in almost 2 months so I spent one flight on Friday trying to get safe flying it again.

We had 7 pilots in the class. In my afternoon round on Saturday I got the inputs crossed up during the outside portion of the roller and started turning the other way. I had to bail out, bring the plane back to show center, and resume the sequence. I've been told rollers are your friend. Not mine yet.

At the end of the day Saturday I was having a great competition for 2nd to last place with a pilot that was borrowing a plane he had never flown. I was leading by 4 points.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-03-10 Tucson IMAC - Saturday.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	2259212

On Sunday morning I was totally overwhelmed by the Unknown. Lots of snaps starting and stopping in all kinds of odd places. I ended up 2nd place... in the competition for 2nd to last place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-03-10 Tucson IMAC.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	2259213

This was my second contest including the Unlimited rollers. My percentage of perfection increased from 6.76 my first contest to 7.08 for this contest. A positive trend.

Cayden Bruce won the Intermediate class with his Yellow Chequer Scheme Extra 330SC. Congratulations Cayden!!

Craig Guest won the four Known Rounds in the Advanced class on Saturday flying his CARF Scheme Blue-White Extra 330SC. He had to withdraw due to an engine problem and didn't get to fly the Unknown. Craig, sorry about your troubles. I hope you get that engine straightened out.