RCU Forums - View Single Post - XG11 Giving me Fits
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 03:59 AM
tomfiorentino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XG11 Giving me Fits

Hi guys....

I have an XG11 running software version 0002-0012, in case that matters.

50cc Decathlon, 4 wing servos, currently set-up with xBus through JR’s center hub and I got all the parts moving in the right direction.

Standing from behind the plane and going from left to right my aileron servos use ID’s 01, 02, 03 and 04.

I’d like to use 02 and 03 as flaps associated with a Flight Mode. I have a 9503 and having done some pretty decent programming on that transmitter I thought this would be pretty simple.

But I’m at my wits end with the XG11 screens; some blind spot in my logic probably....but I just can’t understand them and the details seem so cryptic to me.

When I go into Wing Type and Device Select screens I would expect to SEE my 4 aileron servos so I can assign 02 and 03 to function differently in say FM01. However, this screen has the ailerons with Aux and Gear channels (which is where the manual stops) and I can’t get things to shake out no matter what Wing Type I select.

I mean, the “ch” GEAR is assigned to “device” AUX2 SW and “out” is LAL1...what the heck?? And the other aileron servos are associated with other channels and devices and outs. I thought the whole point (or one of the points) of xBus was that I could run 4 aileron servos using ONE channel??

Also, since I am using the 3-position switch above throttle to operate a smoke valve, I’m not using that for flaps. I would like to use the Slider Switch behind the throttle to proportionally operate servos 02 and 03 as flaps. Then I can activate that in FM01 with perhaps a throttle condition switch to override flaps. When not in FM01, servos 02 and 03 would just function as ailerons. I recognize this as a very common configuration...but I can’t even get started on it..

I also cant get the two position switch (on the top right hand side) to be able to activate my magneto cut-off switch.

The manual is useless. It basically repeats and shows screen shots of the same transmitter displays I’m looking at. But in terms of situational programming examples (common stuff like 4 servos in the wing) ...nothing.

Would anyone be willing to take a phone call to get me headed in the right direction? I think if I can get started with some foundation for this radio I’ll be ok figuring the rest of it out. I feel so lost right now it’s hard to ask an intelligent question...humbling indeed; and not fun!!

Thanks,

Tom