RCU Forums - View Single Post - XG11 Giving me Fits
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 06:31 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,

I not sure which posts you are referring to but it might be better to start fresh. As I understand your situation, you have four aileron surfaces, the inner ones are used sometimes as flaps and some time as ailerons. Set up the plane with the Normal wing type having dual ailerons. This can be done using the setup wizard or the Wing Type menu. The reason for choosing this wing type is that the Normal type allows the use of discrete flaps. If the 4-Aile wing type is used, the inner and outer aileron servos in each wing will function as a single servo, not allowing the inner ones to move independently as flaps. With the 4-AILE setup, the two servos in each wing can function as flaperons - but that is not what you want. Similarly, using the Flaperon wing type and then using the XBus to drive the inner and outer servos on each wing is the same as the 4-AILE wing type.

After you setup the ailerons, go to the Wing Type menu and set up dual flaps using the Dual mating on the bottom of the menu. In the Function List there is the AILE -> FLAP menu where you can turn your flaps into ailerons.

I don't know which channels you will mate with the right aileron and right flap as you can pick any channel for the left aileron except for channels 1-4. You shouldn't pick channel 6 (FLAP) as it should reserved for the right flap. In your post you mentioned that you wish to use the FLAP SW for smoke. You still can use the FLAP SYS and pick another three-position switch, such as the AUX2 SW, to control the flaps. It is simpler to use the FLAP SYS instead of a slider. Whatever channels you do pick, you will end up having a total of four channels designated as: RAIL, LAIL, RFLP, and LFLP. This is all done before you get to the XBus.

Check out your complete programming before going to the XBus!

Depending on whether you are using NX servos or serial-to-PWM converter, you will have to do some reprogramming. If you're using NX servos then you will have redesignate them as all the servos come from factory as THRO-01. One at a time you connect a servo and change its designation from THRO-01 to RAIL-01 or LAIL-01 RFLP-01 or LFLP-01.

If you're using a converter, each output is originally THRO but with a different subchannel designation. You will have to plug the converter into an XBus receiver and change its designations to the aileron and flap channels. I've used a four-channel converter, but if you are using something else, I'll have to read up on it.

It is easy to get confused at this point. When you are ready to set up the XBus let me know and I'll post some pictures if needed.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 04-02-2018 at 06:33 PM.