RCU Forums - View Single Post - XG11 Giving me Fits
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 08:19 AM
tomfiorentino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan!

Most excellent and very helpful! I had been significantly down another road piecing this together, but what you have instructed is much, much simpler. I believe I am very close, finally!

Following your advice and trying to give you all the information you might need, my apologies for the length of this, but here is where I am:

Set WING TYPE to Normal. AILE is mated to AUX3 and FLAP is mated to AUX5.

FLAP SYSTEM is activated, with Norm: 0%, Med: 50%, Land: 100% and Delay: 2.0 s

I am already able to work with the xBus assignments so I went ahead and made some changes. I have NX servos and my current channel and sub ID assignments on the wing standing behind the plane and moving left to right, are as follows:

AILE 01 ; FLAP 01 ; FLAP 02 ; AILE 02

DEVICE SELECT has Flight Mode INH and the following information for CH, DEVICE and OUT respectively (none of which I made any changes to):

GEAR GEAR SW ACT
FLAP FLAP SW SYS
AUX2 AUX2 SW ACT
AUX3 AUX3 LV LAIL
AUX4 RUDD SW ACT
AUX5 SNAP SW LFLP
AUX6 MIX SW ACT

(I think the DEVICE listed is just the transmitter default for the channel shown. Perhaps you can clarify that for me and let me know. I suspect I need to make a change or two in here but wanted your feedback first).

AILE to FLAP MIX details are as follows:

POS 0 L: - 100%
R: + 100%

POS 1 L: 0%
R: 0%

THRO STK is INH and “Include Aile Trim” is ACT

SW SEL – All the FLIGHT MODES are greyed out; P1 is ON, everything else has a zero (I make no changes); I can’t access P0.

THIS IS WHAT MY CONTROL SURFACES ARE DOING AS A RESULT OF THE ABOVE:

1. Aileron stick movement generates movement on all 4 servos and the Flap servos move in the SAME direction (down) regardless of left/right aileron input. Two issues here. ONE: I can’t get the Flaps to move as ailerons when the FLAP SW is all the way forward. TWO: When the FLAP SW is deployed to either of the remaining positions, while the flaps move down correctly at 50% and 100%, I can’t get them to ignore the aileron stick movement.

2. Operating the Flap Switch alone down one click gives 2 second 50% flap deployment, another click gives 2 second 100% flap deployment. This part seems to be working fine and the delay is super cool!

A couple other questions:

1. Since the FLAP SYSTEM is actuated by its 3-position toggle switch, why does the AILE to FLAP MIX only have parameters for POS 0 and POS 1 that correspond to toggle switch positions 2 and 3? Is that just because the first position on the toggle switch is “no flaps” and the other two positions are ways to activate the AILE to FLAP MIX? Is it that simple?

2. More by way of advancing my learning…I am noticing the THRO STK INH feature in the AILE to FLAP MIX screen. I put in a percentage value, and it affected the operation of flaps only at the throttle stick percentage set. I was thinking it would be nicer the other way around such that when the throttle was advanced the Flaps would automatically go back to center. Kind of like when a full flaps landing is suddenly aborted by advancing the throttle! Any thoughts on making that work?

3. Are the items above in DEVICE SELECT in fact just default assignments? Do I need to change anything to clean it up?

4. Should I ACT the “trim” in WING TYPE Normal set-up for both AILE and FLAP?

5. I’m sure I’ll need to use the program mixes for roll and yaw coupling and perhaps ELEV to FLAP too. Will those mixes create issues with the operation of the FLAP SYSTEM as currently deployed?

Looking forward to your response and thank you in advance Allan...again!

Tom