RCU Forums - View Single Post - XG11 Giving me Fits
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,

If you have some blank model spaces, set up a simple model with the NORMAL WING type, activate the XBus, then change the wing type. See if changing the wing configuration after activating the XBus makes any difference. I tried it on mine and it didn't. It didn't make any difference whether I had activated the XBus before or after I changed the wing type. My software is version 0002-0013. There was nothing in that version description that says there was a bug fix for XBus or anything else.

Again if you have the space for another model, why don't you copy the Decathlon program to another model number and take a look at the XBus channels. If it continues to say there is a AILE, AUX3, FLAP and AUX5 instead RAIL, LAIL, RFLP and LFLP, then you could try re-designating the left aileron servo as AUX3-01 and see if it works as the left aileron on the XBus. If it doesn't, I would bet there is no way you can truly have a left aileron on the XBUS. Using AILE-01 as the left aileron is not a good substitute as it is just a copy of AILE-02, the right aileron. It would respond to roll commands correctly but malfunctioned if used as flaperons or with differential use.

The same holds true for the paired flaps on the XBus. When wing servos and the pushrod linkages are symetrical around the roll axis, left and right aileron servos rotate in the same direction for a given aileron stick movement. It is the linkage geometry that makes one aileron surface goes up and the other goes down. But left and right flap servos have to rotate in opposite directions for both flaps surfaces to move in the same direction. Now when the flap servos operate as aileron servos, they must rotate in the same direction. It's the transmitter that makes the adjustment in the direction. On the XBus, FLAP-01, FLAP-2 receive the same basic command. It is probably the same that would be sent to RFLP. If changing AILE-01 ID to AUX3-01 works for the aileron, try changing FLAP-01 ID to AUX5-01 to see if the flaps work correctly as ailerons.

Even if the changes in designations do work, I would still talk with JRAmericas. It would be interesting to know if there was an undocumented bug fix.

I would recommend you temporarily connect the wing servos to the normal receiver ports to work out the programming. When they work there, then switch over to the XBus.

Allan