RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Galloping Ghost build
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 07:35 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Jon, So I've run these pumps on other planes as well. I use it for my Moki on my Bearcat for last three years. I don't program or have it mixed to the throttle. i.e. increase throttle, increase fuel pump volume. I just have it set to one setting. I believe it's at like 60%-70%. will check when I get home tonight. I have the pump on a separate 2-position switch on the TX. pump-on / pump-off. turn it on prior to priming/starting and leave on until I shut down. simple and easy. You just don't want to run the pump with no fuel in the tank. ALSO... I would highly recommend putting a check-valve on the pump return back to the fuel tank. So, I have the pump return fuel line connected to my fill line of the fuel tank and have a check-valve on the line. Without a check valve, when filling the tank, it would push fuel back through the return line into the pump and flood the engine. This just stops that. Fuel should just flow one direction from pump return back to tank. I've included a picture and drew in where I added the check valve.