RCU Forums - View Single Post - First time Jet
Thread: First time Jet
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetpea01
I've heard a lot of bad reviews of the Dolphin in regards to the tail moment not being correct. I'm not sure that ever completely got fixed.

Things I found out so far.....

Tony @ Pilot said that the Predator 1.8 will fit the Rabbit VT-90....none in stock, min 8wk delivery
Dirk @ Pacific Jets said that the Mini T-1 won't fit the Rabbit VT-90. Its on the lower end of the T-1 power requirements but the price point is so much higher....none in stock, min 8 wk delivery
Ventrix threads are pretty quiet with no real flight reviews (probably the most favorite of the wood sport jets, but not my first choice).

My budget is closer to $3k but not over that, but the jet needs to be plug a turbine in and go fly. The F-16 or the Falcon are looking like more along the choice with 8wk delivery. I can probably get one of those up and running in that kind of time frame.
That is pretty much the way the turbine vendors have gone; order only. There are just so many color schemes available and different options like electric or pneumatic gear, it's just not feasible for a dealer to stock models anymore. The sad part especially for someone in your position of wanting something soon, is that the delivery times shown are rarely accurate. I've got a turbine coming that I ordered and paid for last November, they were supposed to be here mid February, i'm told mine has been built and is waiting for paint. That's another thing which has changed; they've started moving away from deposits to order a model, to full payment up front and they ship direct from the manufacturer to the customer's door.

I still think your best bet is a nice used one that most likely could be found at Kentucky Jets and that's only a matter of a couple of weeks away....