RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Sherman M4A4 w/HVSS M50
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 07:44 AM
RichJohnson

Received 375 Likes on 239 Posts

Here are the best photos I have been using that are only M4a4 based M50s. have also referenced some colored drawings but do not use them as factual as a photograph.
I have determined that side stowage and fender supports varied with the m4a4 based models depending on whether they had side applique plates or not. I have various photos of Jaque Littlefield's m4a4 M50 but it does not have plates like my model and those prototypes shown below. Sadly, the only broadside photo I have of the driver side is the OD US remarked tank that has all its IDF stripped off. I used that one to place my fender supports and worked in my accessories around those supports based on poorer photos with less detail.
I an now convinced that I need to move the rear spare tire forward in front of the other one.
I laid out each side independently as the fender supports are not identical on each side. I also did all the placement of details on their own based on fender supports and the added little joe muffler. Amazingly from the top down, my tool boxes line up symmetrically, I find that funny, and very satisfying that I must have done this right since they were done independently.
I found a good source for walk around of a small hatch M4a2 based M50 and I have a walk around of a large hatch M4 hvss M50. I used them for detail shots but not placement or arrangement.