RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite
Old 06-07-2018, 06:15 AM
Fireflynightshift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
As for the CG, mine is set using the supplied CG loops and cable system they provided. However, my Predator does seem to be a bit nose heavy and carries more up-trim than I care to have. I'm moving my batteries around this week and plan to test again this weekend. I will post the results.

The brake/retract unit uses a 2 cell LiPo. LiFe does not supply enough voltage. Although I installed a 3000 Mha it only needs one on the 1200 to 1300 range. I'll be installing a 1320.

On the elevator/flap mix, mine required about a 1/8" of up, but I expect that to change once I change the CG. Regardless, it had no sudden change or tendency to nose up/down when the flaps were deployed. It behaves very well.
Good day Gents,

I have had quite a few flights with my predator and what a ripper. Love the jets performance. I have gone down to a 850 Mah on the retracts. one about 8 flights it only draws 120 mah total when charging. With regards to the CofG use the Pilot supplied CG unit and you will be safe for test flight. Be prepared to move you batteries back as you get used to the jet. I have a lot of up elevator trim after test flight and after a few flights playing with battery positions and pushing the CG back it became better and the elevator trim also less until nothing. I used to have trim change with the lowering the to the 75mm as per recommended. I then increased to as much as possible think I got 85 or 90mm. Now I have no trim change and you can do nice slow wheelie landings. Let me know if you chaps have the same experience. Also I have found the Predator does not like to have the elevator released when landing. You need to hold and rather add power if you feel you are to slow. Will try and post a video later today.

Enjoy and happy flights.

JB