RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Scale Pfalz DIIIa
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 08:34 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

No pictures just yet but the Pfalz is still moving along. The fillets for the lower wing are kind of time consuming and not very photogenic yet. The bottom half was pretty easily done with 1/64 ply but the upper half of the fillet has a pretty tight curve such that I couldn't get the ply to work out well. I managed to get by with a minimum of filler but it is still lots of fill-sand cycles. I'm using the old sandpaper around a dowel trick to shape the curve between the wing and the fuselage. One distraction from the build was a week's vacation in Colorado. Colorado Springs is nice this time of year and I had a chance to run up to Warbirds Over Denver. Nice people and quite a few good looking airplanes. I was told attendance was down a little this year due to gas prices but I was still pretty impressed. The planes ranged from foam ARFs up to a beautiful and moderately enormous Kate complete with torpedo. P-47s seemed the most common but there was a lot of WWII iron including some beautiful Zeros and an outstanding FW 190. WWI was represented with a trio of triplanes several Fokker D7s in at least three sizes and both BUSA and Maxford Nieuport 28s.