RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder tiger ????
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2002, 06:22 AM
FCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder tiger ????

This post is to make clear some points for Moderator of this Forum about Thunder Tiger engines based on some facts and experience.

I had 2 new TT pro series engines out of which one PRO-61 lost the compression after 20 flights and the other PRO-46 got leaks in the caburator area due to which the engines sinks at full throttle and transition was also very unpredictable. The PRO-61 was break-in normally like OS and was never run leaner. The second I think had a factory defect as that engines was never crashed/abused.

I bought these engines because I was pumped up by the hobby dealer that they are as good as OS. After all this mess when I contacted Ace Hobby, first they denied that this can never happen and after some requests they asked me to send those-in. When I got back those, the PRO-61 doesn't show that much compression and power as compared to my OS 61SF which has more than 70 flights. The PRO-46 got the new crankcase and runs okay but the transition and starting is not satisfactory.

I think now these expalanations are enough for you and hopefully you will not delete this post.