RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito 91 in a Seagull Fairchild PT-19
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 10:27 AM
dbeeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 91 in a Seagull Fairchild PT-19

hello, i am looking for input or recommendations regarding a plane/engine "match". i currently own a Saito 91 4-stroke engine that i want to find a plane for. i am very interested in the Seagull Models Fairchild PT-19 ARF for this engine. the specs of the plane is as follows: wing span 80.5", wing area 965.7 sq in, approx flying weight: 11.9 lbs. recommended engine: 2 stroke: 91-1.20 cu in; 4 stroke: .91-1.20 cu in.
first, the engine specs do not make sense. it seems to me one of them is wrong as it typically takes a larger 4 stroke engine displacement to equal 2 stroke. i phone SIG as the sellers of this plane and did not get a definitive answer.
having said that, i am wondering if i will be disappointed in performance with the Saito 91 in this airplane. it seems a bit on the "heavy side" for this "minimum" engine. keep in mind i don't expect nor care about unlimited vertical and tons of power. but i am wondering if for scale flight, some loops and rolls, and good power on take off will be acceptable. i would appreciate your thoughts. thank you in advance.