RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sanye AP 09 RC
Thread: Sanye AP 09 RC
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 04:05 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
Ya those APs are quite the best kept secret. I don't know why anyone buys the old Cox stuff when the ASP stuff is so much better and up to date. Unscrew the stinger on the muffler to get a bit more power. It makes a bigger difference on the AP .15 than the .09, but is still worthwhile. Electric stuff has taken over the little glow motor market, I still like them. making one to fit in an F2D combat wing right now with the .15 size AP.
The Cox's forte is their lighter weight and just like any engine, if engine is matched to the airframe with the right weight, wing area and aerodynamics, one will have very successful flights.

I was disappointed with the AP .09 was discontinued. For some odd reason I had a pension for the .09 over the .15. Although slightly heavier due to thicker brass cylinder liner to make up for the smaller bore, I thought that its diminutive muffler would work better on the .09 than the .15, which you have alluded to. I don't know how much of an advantage the ball bearings make on such a small engine. Seems more dramatic on larger engines.

I've got the right motor mount for it, the longer Hayes .15 with bottom web between the rails. I'll remove one of the muffler spacing washers so it can be pointed to the side instead.