RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite
Old 09-14-2018, 05:40 PM
DHC6
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mine set at the recommended CG and love the way it flies. Yes, it’s slightly nose heavy (really ever so slight. I have no problems scraping the tail on landing) and there is a few MM of up elevator at the neutral position, but it flies very well for me at least. So I will probably leave it there for now.

Inverted it needs some down to stay level, but not a huge amount, and on inverted uplines it needs some down as well to keep th nose from dropping. It’s very manageable, and after some flights I am use to it now and it’s not an issue for me. Stall characteristics are very tame, and it will get pretty slow, especially with full flaps. The nose simply drops gently and it has no bad habits. It’s far more intimidating to look at then to fly. It’s very stable and flies like it’s on rails, and goes where it’s pointed. My only complaint (which seems to be addressed with the updated version) is that I find the rudder surface could have been a little larger to make knife edge flight a little easier and slower. As it is now, you need a lot of rudder and speed to get a nice knife edge, but again for me at least that’s minor and really it still knife edges very well with minimal coupling.

Mine is power by a Cheetah 140 and it’s plenty, it will even hover after I have burnt some fuel off. I have the new Cheetah 160 wich I will be putting in over the winter, that should spice things up a little. My season is winding down so I just want to fly it and will do the swap over the winter.

It’s a great plane, I love mine, best plane for the money in my opinion.