RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron F-16 build thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 04:46 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grbaker
I used to have one that was built by a friend. He sheeted all of the foam surfaces with 1/64th ply and glassed and painted it. If I remember right, it weighed around 15 & 1/2 pounds. It flew good but would not get off our grass runway on real hot days.
A few weeks ago, I pulled a partially built one (not by me) out of my attic and have started building it. I will be converting this one to a Dynamax fan and OS.91. I purchased an inlet that was designed for that conversion almost 20 years ago, when I acquired the kit.

I think there would be some out there that would like to see your build. I know I would.
Gary,
The Dynamax fan should give you even more thrust, that would be a great conversion. If you have any info / pics you can share I would appreciate it.
Sheeting and glassing the foam I am sure gave it an awesome finish, but with 10 lbs thrust I think we need to keep this as light as possible. I'm working on finding a sealer for the foam so I can paint it directly, I don't know how realistic it is but the instructions say it should come out around 11 1/2 lbs?
RP