RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite
Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

I need an opinion, I keep hearing about how great the finish on the predator is but the jet I received came with all grit, stains, scratched and voids in the clear coat and paint. There is black showing through the yellow, black specks in the decals, and want looks like stains in some areas. I contacted Pilot and was told that the finish was the best the could do and was normal. I have other electric composite jets and none of them look like this. Am I nitpicking or is this normal? How is the finish others have received? I have posted some pics. All the areas circled are under the clear coat and will not wipe off. There are several areas in the clear where there is dust or fin sand in the clear coat that you can see and feel. In the pictures they look like white spots or shiny. The is also some sort of white stain on the black painted area's under the wings that almost looks like haze or something spilled. The edge of one of the stabilizers has black paint showing through the yellow, and the live hinge on one of the elevators is jagged and very round and there is some sort of stain in the yellow paint. It is hard to see in the pics so I circled some of the areas to make it easier to see. There are also sever area's of orange peel in the clear coat. It is my experience that new paint is supposed well finished and smooth to the touch. There are many area's on the jet I received that are rough to the touch and feel like the paint on my old beater truck that has not been detailed in years. Please take a minute to look and let me know your opinions.

It hard to see but the small shine spots are reflections off of the grit under the paint

Another white area under the clear coat

These spots are under the clear and will not come out

This spot is a void where there is no clear coat and a noticeable divot.

another pic of the void

This live hinge is rough, raised, and has gaps in it. There is also a brownish stain in the yellow paint that is under the clear coat.

Another picture of the stains

More grit in the clear coat

The black is showing through the yellow paint on the leading edge

These are raise black dots right on the decal that were covered with clear coat.

More black spots under the clear and grit in the clear coat.

This is a fairly large raised bump in the clear coat about the size of the ball on a ball point pin.

Thanks,
Tone