RCU Forums - View Single Post - No cost RC flying
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 04:46 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ho2zoo
It's a good idea. Our club has done something similar, I imagine most clubs have. For years I offered visitors a free 'trial' flight if they seemed particularly interested. However, our club leadership started worrying about someone getting injured and the club being sued, so the practice kind of died off.
I've been doing this for over 40 years and have never had an accident. BTW, AMA covers giving the public RC flight experience. AMA even covers instructors being compensated. What I do is not wait to see if someone is interested. I strongly insist that any spectator take the tx for a few minute introductory flight.
If there are spectators, chances are they are interested just because they are there. It was so easy to get many people into the hobby by doing it this way. My only problem was some club members didn't like that the fact that I might get what they deem as "too many, too fast' on "their" flight line. Some members didn't like flying with more than 2 planes in the air at the same time.