RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite
Old 11-04-2018, 05:23 AM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Pilot-RC
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so sorry for the imperfections of the paint. Lyman had talked with me and I had double check the email and photos you sent me. First I want to correct something. I had not say that the finish was the best the could do and was normal. I accept that there is some imperfections and it is not the best finish. but most important is I deeply feel that I can not do the paint as the high level which you want. Predator jet is large batch factory handmade product. not the product which the highest level craftsman who take a few months to product only one jet. for me, it is impossible to produce a predator with such high level as you want and sell at only 1649USD. so the best way is that you return the predator to me. I refund you.

You can just let Lyman in US warehouse know when you decide to return the jet and the parts. Just let him know the time window (please allow 3~4 hours), the address, the contact's name and phone number at least one day ahead. he will schedule a pick up then. Please be sure package well as original. Once we receive them we will inspect within 2 business days. If there is no damage we will issue a full refund to you immediately.

Again, I am so sorry for the imperfections of the paint.
Tony, are you saying that all your jets look like this? I am not expecting perfection but I would not have thought the issues would be all over the jets surfaces and fuse. This is my first Pilot product and that is why I asked for opinions if this quality of finish was considered normal for this size and price range. Instead of replacing it with a jet without all the issues, your comments sound like you would rather just refund my money and have me take my business someplace else. Not the best business model in my opinion but what do I know. I have heard good things about this product and would rather have a replacement without so many issues than a refund. Then again, I would also rather have a product where the owner stood by his work. So I ask the forum, is this quality of finish expected at this size and price range?
thanks,
Tone