RCU Forums - View Single Post - No cost RC flying
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 08:38 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear this all the time that most clubs have trainers and an open invitation. I ran a flight training school several years ago and had hundreds of beginners from hundreds of different clubs coming from all over the US and Canada. Also had a hobby shop with beginners saying the same.
Nearly all of these people told me that their club either didn't have club trainers or had club trainers but seldom if ever used them. That is why they came to me from hundreds of miles away to pay me to teach them.

Dave Scott, owner of the 1st US RC Flight School made so much money that he is the owner of a full scale Pitts biplane.
I went to one club up in Canada that had a club trainer. I looked it over and discovered that although it was in very good shape, it looked as if it was never used. Also, it was badly out of trim and throws were set to the extreme.
Many other clubs that I visited at one time had club trainers but they didn't know where to keep it, and no one really wanted to take a chance on breaking it, so they gave up on using it.

Last edited by fliers1; 11-04-2018 at 08:53 AM.