RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite
Old 11-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Pilot-RC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
My problems was never a small spot in the paint. There are multiple spots on multiple areas of the model. Your representative Lyman offered me a free wing bag which I personally did not consider adequate compensation. I would rather have another jet without so many imperfections rather than a wing bag. The reason I selected the predator is because it looks well built and everyone seems happy with it. The jet has many good features, is a solid design and I would like to have kept it. If there was just one or two small spots or areas in the paint then it would not have been an issue. I am not trying to be unreasonable and I do not expect perfection, I just want a new jet with a finish to be halfway decent or fixable. I just requested a replacement jet that does not have so many areas or that you be willing to compensate me for repainting this one. Others that have posted have stated that their jets do not have as many issues as the one I received. I would have been happy with a spot here or there. I did not request or expect a perfect jet, just a replacement that did not have so many obvious issues. I am willing to work with you but I was told to return the jet and buy from another manufacturer. I am still willing to work with you. Its up to you how to proceed.
Thanks,
Tone
Tone
your require is reasonable. I would like to work with you too. the problem is my production engineering can not get to the level you want. the level you want, which I understand is like the car paint. it need a very good dust free workshop. and paint only one color. it is impossible for me to produce such a product because I do not have good dust free workshop and usually jet is not with only one color. paint the jet with different color/ scheme is too difficult to produce it without small spots. this kind of small spot can not see when you stand in front of the jet. only can see when you find it carefully. if there is lots of spots in one area, it is the quality issue. if there is some small spots in different area of the whole plane. it is acceptable for my QC.
for example, the following photos show there are some small spots in different area, this is what you can not accept, and it is what I can accept. so that is why I can not offer you a new replacement because it is impossible for me to produce the level as you want.