RCU Forums - View Single Post - Open Panzer Boards on sale
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 05:22 PM
RichJohnson

Received 375 Likes on 239 Posts

No that acrion you describe is what is called track recoil. That can be set by speed amd length of time.

The older IBU2 had the option to turn on inirtia. You set a value and a brake rate. Push the stick all the way forward and the tank slowly begins to move and speed up. To stop you let go and it slowly returns to stop. If you want to brake pull backward on the stick and the tank stops quick.

the IBU2 Ultimate, their new version, has similar parameters showing values and ability to turn it off, however it will not turn off. I tried and tried and tried nd finally went to the MFR in Italy. He said there is a minimum inirtia built in. I told him that does not work for someone that intends to IR battle the tank because you need quick reaction and agility to battle or you will het squirly and collide with obsticals and other tanks. He and others think Im crazy but after trying to drive my m60 with the ultimate i removed it angirly and purchased an older IBU2 as in my other 10 tanks. They occasionally have refurbished older ones but not often as they are out of production.
The MFR said he would write new firmware code to eliminate the basic level inirtia months ago but I have not heard back on it from my inquiries.
Also, I am not alone, a couple of our So Cal tankers got ultimates and have alot of trouble driving them. Especially when tight manuvering like our obstical course.
I wont buy any more ultimates unless the new firmware is written. I may have to switch to cark boards and have my friend program them. It reallr bums me out becasue I feel the IBU product is a very good very versatile and flexible board except for the new inirtia issue.