RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alchemy by Bryan Hebert of CK Aero
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:49 AM
big_G

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Arnold
Hi Guys,

Well, the Alchemy has flown. It was completed last Wednesday night prior to driving down to the Australian Masters and World Cup in Melbourne. Friday was the official practice day and that afternoon was the first flight of the Alchemy. The flight went very well with a click or two of up elevator trim, no aileron trim but a few clicks of rudder trim. This week I’ll be rechecking the thrust line to see what’s causing the rudder trim and also move the CG a bit further forward to correct a slight KE Pull to the belly. Apart from the KE and rudder trim, the model felt really good. The model now has 7 flights on it after the Comp. I hadn’t flown at all since November last year and had just two P19 practice flights before the Comp. I finished 13th overall which was quite pleasing considering it was a new untrimmed model and my lack of practice.

Also, when one flys a model with a Mohawk, one needs to follow suit with the matching haircut... lol

Cheers,
Jason.
What was the final fix for your rudder trim? My Allure tracks to the right on a long up-line. I've had to add 5 clicks of left rudder to compensate. Running Contra V4. Stabs, wings and motor thrust have been checked several times. CG is just aft of the wing tube.

Thanks, Gary