RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 F-105 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:19 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

You have my respect for pushing on with this project my friend. For all the video's where bob said "Smooth as a babies bum" when he was sanding and laying up the mold I couldn't believe it when I could see in pictures the sanding scratches and imperfections in the gelcoat surface of the parts...... his baby must have had a bad case of diaper rash..... I wish you all the greatest success on this airplane when it's ready to fly, my fingers are crossed that there are no structural issues that can't be seen anywhere. $7000 put this airplane in the same high end category price wise as the JMP firebird or some of the BVM kits, Airworld etc. Those prices are ok, but not when this much re-engineering has to be done just to build the damn thing. It reminds me of the old Fiberclassics/Comp ARF Mig 29. Huge money for the kit and it was incomplete, components didn't work, nothing fit, and nothing aligned the way it needed to.
In the end you'll be rewarded with a very unique airplane. I hope it performs well and is worth all the "fixes" you are having to do. I have enjoyed watching the thread but my eye sockets are getting tired from all the eye rolling and neck is sore from all the head shaking seeing all the problems you have had to deal with on a very expensive airplane. My fingers are crossed for you that the next steps go smoothly!
Jeremy