RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs
Old 02-17-2019, 05:46 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Why find a different hobby? As long as the clubs are still around and can work with the local FAA office, there should be no legitimate reason to quit flying. If NAMBA folded, I would still run my boats. I would still follow all the guidelines that NAMBA presently runs under and would have to find locations that would be legal to run at but, otherwise...……………
Well Said Hydro !

While the social aspect of the hobby is great , I would still fly my model airplanes even if I was the last RCer on earth . For me , it's not about social interaction or competing with anything beyond the forces of nature , it's about the joy of seeing the machine I'm controlling zipping through the air responding (mostly) to my controlling inputs .

Now , as to Franklin's well researched and presented graphs , these should be a wake up call to anyone who "needs" the AMA in order to enjoy their particular sub genre of our hobby . Sure , I'd miss the club field chatter , but I am serious that I need nothing but open skies to enjoy my model airplanes .....