RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs
Old 02-17-2019, 08:56 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Well Said Hydro !

While the social aspect of the hobby is great , I would still fly my model airplanes even if I was the last RCer on earth . For me , it's not about social interaction or competing with anything beyond the forces of nature , it's about the joy of seeing the machine I'm controlling zipping through the air responding (mostly) to my controlling inputs .

Now , as to Franklin's well researched and presented graphs , these should be a wake up call to anyone who "needs" the AMA in order to enjoy their particular sub genre of our hobby . Sure , I'd miss the club field chatter , but I am serious that I need nothing but open skies to enjoy my model airplanes .....
I don't "need" AMA to enjoy the hobby. Many others do not either. But the people who do "need" the AMA would be well served to start aggressively pressuring the EC to change their financial and business strategy. Time for serious cost cutting to buy time (suggest staff and magazine, two largest expenses). Clearly what they're doing isn't working. Who has the most to lose if AMA's finances continue on the current trends? Those who "need" AMA fields to fly.