RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA EC Key Measures of Performance - Last 15yrs
Old 02-18-2019, 06:06 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
LOL so now I am in the social aspect of the hobby due to " Needs ". The way I see it due to the type of answers I get from you is your " Need " to be a big fish in a little pond. Go ahead and cry like chicken little all you want.
The AMA is in some serious fiscal trouble. Whether you (with your vast retail experience), the EC or anyone else care to see it, it's there. And when the roof falls in, I for one will enjoy watching all the nay-sayers scampering around like Chickens with their heads cut off.

I will hate to see it happen to the AMA as I still believe such an organization is needed. But it has lost it's value for many modelers for many years now and is long past due a major shake up and re-focus. Maybe then I can help pull it out of the ashes. But I doubt it. I'm getting too old and am certainly too sick to do more than watch for entertainment value.

While technically trained in electronics by the military and subsequent jobs, I hold a BS in Management, an MBA concentrating in Organizational Management and a PhD in Organizational Management. I understand how a corporation, any corporation works. I went for these degrees, in particular the MBA because on my resume they rounded me out into a very versatile individual. The big Corporations around the DC Beltway like that sort of thing a lot and I took advantage of it. And while I never really used the training except in passing, I, like Frank, am trained to analyze corporations and recommend changes to improve their overall function. Frank has actual hands on experience doing it.

And if you can't respect those facts. Too Bad!